Monday, June 05, 2006

Trench Tune









In My Little Wet Home in a Trench

In my little wet home in a trench
Where rainstorms continually drench
The sky overhead, clay and mud for a bed
And a stone that we use for a bench

Bully beef and hard biscuits we chew
It seems years since we tasted a stew
Shells, they crackle and scare
But no place can compare
With my little wet home in a trench

Our friends in that trench cross the way
Seem to know that we're here to stay
They shoot and they shout
But they can't get us out
Tho' there's no dirty tricky they won't play

They rushed us a few nights ago
But we don't like intruders you know
Some departed quite sore
Others left evermore
Near my little wet home in a trench

So hurrah for the mud and the clay
Which leads to Der Tag thats the say
When we enter Berlin
That city of sin
And make the fat Berliner pay.

Yes we'll think of the cold slush and stench
As we fought with the Belgians and French
There'll be shed then I fear
Redder stuff than a tear
For my little wet home in a trench


c/o http://noviomagus.tripod.com/wethome.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home